[4.2.0] Notifications aren't working

David stormbyte at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 09:14:03 GMT 2009

On Lunes 16 Febrero 2009 22:10:55 Nikos Chantziaras escribió:
> I decided to fully switch to KDE 4.2.0 and its applications.  For
> example the KDE4 version of Kopete instead of the KDE3 one, etc.  To get
> a fresh start with no configuration problems, I built everything from
> scratch and using Qt 4.5.0 RC1.  However, I'm facing a problem.
> Notifications/events don't seem to be working.  For example, if I set up
> various notifications in System Settings (like for example playing a
> sound when minimizing windows or a pop-up when switching desktops),
> nothing happens.  No sound, no pop-up.
>
> This is a real show stopper for applications like Kopete.  Now, when
> someone tries to chat with me, I have no way to tell that there's
> actually someone trying to chat with me.  No pop-up notification by
> Kopete and so sound.  Kopete turns useless.
>
> If I actually click on the "play" button in System Settings to preview
> the sound, it plays fine.  But only there.
>
> I'm on Gentoo Linux AMD64.

Please, post to the list when you finish rebuilding all with Qt 4.4.2 because
if this solve your issue can be help to others.
BTW, gentoo's team has added some more kde 4.2.0 stuff to tree (in special
kioclient which was not in portage tree before). Be sure to sync and update
world (I think it is a dependency of plasma-addons).