KMail 1.11

Daniel D Jones ddjones at riddlemaster.org
Thu Feb 12 23:30:25 GMT 2009

On Thursday 12 February 2009 09:56:15 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Thursday 12 February 2009 06:54:21 Daniel D Jones wrote:

> > > Nah, the new one removed those options from that menu.  Instead, next
> > > to the ever-present search bar in the message list, there are a number
> > > of icons, in this order: "Status", "Search", "Sort", "Aggregation",
> > > "Theme". To change the way messages are threaded, use "Aggregation"
> > > button.  The one that seems most like my old KMail is "Standard Mailing
> > > List", but it is "fully customizable".
> > >
> > > Those two options in specific are handled under "Aggregation" ->
> > > Configure... "Groups, Threads and Sorting" -> Threading (Drop-down).
> >
> > I have tried all four of them and none of them give me anything more than
> > a single level of indention.
>
> I'm using "Perfect and by Reference and by Subject" and your message was
> intended twice. David's post about unstable plasma was quad-indented.  Like
> I mentioned earlier, WFM.  I'm using the Debian (experimental) packages.
> On some mailing lists, I've had messages indented so much that their
> subject was hidden behind the "Date" column.

Interesting.  I've figured out what the problem, or at least part of the
problem, is.  For me, the subjects are not indented at all.  Instead, the
group column has the little envelope icons along with the '-' and '+' sign to
collaps the thread, and those are indented.  I had the group column sized
small such that all I could see was the leftmost row.  On your machine, is the
subject itself indented?