Setting custom icon on dolphin (kde 4.2)

Peter Lewis lewisp at avex.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 08:51:22 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 10 Feb 2009 Juan Pablo Romero Méndez sent:

> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to set a custom icon for an document type on dolphin?
>
> Currently, the default "unknown" icon appears, and I'd like to set my
> own icon. Normally I would change it with right button click,
> "properties", then the tool icon to go to File type settings and then
> change the icon there. But right now the icon is not editable.

I assume that you wish to define the file type as being serviced by an
application of your choice.

Try going through the "File Associations" in the "Personal Settings" tool to
define the application to handle the file type and then in the application
edit you can define the icon to be used.

You have to ensure that the application that you chose is associated with the
file type in question.

> Thanks!
>
>   Juan Pablo
Kind regards,