KDE 4.2.0 on Mandriva

Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Wed Feb 4 23:52:51 GMT 2009

Hi,

I read Heliocastro's blog and knew that he had put a 4.2.0 package for
Mandriva 2009.0.  I was excited and upgraded my KDE to 4.2.0 soon.

On one of my machine, it worked well.  However on another one with nvidia 9500
and compiz turned on, it told me that kde4-window-decorator received a signal
6 (SIGABRT).

I tried to disable compiz and even removed my .kde4 to start over, and it
worked.  Then I tried to reinstall my nvidia driver, then tried compiz again,
I got the same errors.

I forgot to record the trace log :(  and I just applied account on
www.kdevelopers.org and not being approved yet, so I could not post a comment
to tell Helios.  I post here to ask all of you if you had the same problem.

Thanks,
Franklin