transparent icon labels

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 2 22:29:15 GMT 2009

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>>> No, it's a single icon on the desktop.
>> Well actually, if you have an icon on the desktop then you have the
>> option to Folder View the whole Desktop set.
>
> How?

Right click the screen.

Select: "Appearance Settings" (was "Desktop Settings").

Should be the first item in the dialog: "Desktop Activity -> Type:".

>>> I can't find any settings within my .kde directory which controls
>>> transparency (except switching it on and off).
>> There isn't any for Folder View text -- at least I can't find it.
>
> Hmm.  This is bad.  I would really like to avoid reinstalling KDE
> 4.2...

Reinstalling will not fix it!  When you reinstall on Linux, you do not
delete the configuration.

Instead, exit your KDE session, log in on the Console, and delete the files:

	$HOME/share/config/plasma*