[4.x] Plasma font bug

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 2 22:01:25 GMT 2009

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> All versions of KDE 4 (including latest 4.2.0) on my system (Gentoo
> Linux 64-bit) seem to have this bug when rendering fonts in Plasma areas:
>
>    http://i40.tinypic.com/15hhdud.png
>
> Is it a known issue or is it just me?

It is possible that it is your font setting.

Go to the Control Center (now called System Settings):

	Appearance -> Fonts

Click that button: "Configure"

Select "Hinting style:" "Full"

You appear to have: "Use sub-pixel rendering" checked.  Do you have an
LDC screen?  If not, uncheck it (IAC, you might try unchecking it).  If
you do have an LCD screen, make sure that you have the correct color
order selected.

--
JRT