Kmail : problem in checking Gmail with IMAP account type

Farhad Hedayati Fard hf.farhad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 09:53:11 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 01:07:18 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 December 2009 08:33:18 Duncan wrote:
> > Anne Wilson posted on Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:37:29 +0000 as excerpted:
> > > Duncan - that error message pointing to the [Gmail] folder still
> > > worries me. Any ideas on that?
> >
> > Not really... but having never done IMAP, only read about it, I'm rather
> > at a disadvantage, here.
> >
> > However, I noted two things:
> >
> > 1) The error you mention.
> >
> > 2) That according to Farhad (I hope just the one name isn't
> > presumptuous?), the subdirs seem to have been created automatically,

About my name : my first name is Farhad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farhad)
and my famili name is Hedayati Fard :)

> > syncing with gmail.  Thus, it is or was working, to some extent, or it
> > couldn't have found that much out to sync.  But what that error had to do
> > with things I really don't know.
> >
> > Maybe someday I'll have an IMAP account and learn how it all works...
>
> I use IMAP all the time, but it's standard IMAP, from my own Dovecot
> server. I know that it has been said that GMail IMAP is not entirely
> standard, which is why I don't know whether what I see on that screenshot
> is what should be expected, or not.
>
> I agree, though, that for it to show all those unread messages it must have
> managed at least one correct sync.  Of course there is the possibility that
> it can read the mail but can't write to the directories - which it has to
> do, presumably, to change any flags or delete messages.
>
> Anne

My problem is solved , after disabling "include this folder when checking for
new mail" and "Act on New/unread mail in this folder" on [Gmail] folder and
changing some settings in Gmail Lables, kmail works without any problem, and I
can move/delete messages, (but I can't move/delete any folders)...

Thanks for your help and time :)
Farhad