konqueror history

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Dec 18 06:56:13 GMT 2009

xPol posted on Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:59:28 +0100 as excerpted:

> Here are two questions about history in konqueror 4.3:
>
> - is there a way to convert history from kde 3.5 to 4.3?

Someone else can answer that...

> - is it planned to re-enable drag-and-drop from the history panel to
the web browser?

I'm not sure, but I can't /imagine/ /not/ having such a plan.  The
current setup is just too hokey to be anything but a temporary hack while
they get whatever decent history UI coded to do it the way they have
planned.  My guess is that they're probably planning to hook it all in to
the semantic desktop stuff, but as the semantic desktop is just barely
getting actually ready to be used (from what I've read, we'll see it
begin to come together with 4.4, and even more so with 4.5), they hacked
together something temporary that would work just well enough to get by
until the real solution they have planned is actually coded and working.