Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Draciron Smith draciron at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 17:04:10 GMT 2009

This was a dir I picked at random, I'm sure I've got some with many
more sub dirs than this. This particular one has 90k of files
organized in 8817 subdirs. The partition that dir lives on has 312,851
files in 13,028 sub dirs. That's just one of 5 data partitions. Once
all my backups are restored I'll have an easy 200,000 sub dirs
possibly as many as 300,000 sub dir and millions of files and this
isn't even my data server. This is my main desktop machine.

In any given week I may be in thousands of those dirs at one time or
another. Trying to even go with top level dirs in a last used or
something like that is beyond futile. What would be useful to me is
top level/last used dirs specifc to the mode I'm in. For example if
I'm in a writing mode then a desktop complete with last used for ust
that mode.