Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Draciron Smith draciron at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 03:35:05 GMT 2009

Most used dirs are clutter unless they have context or you use your
machine so little that everything fits in a small neat dir structure.
I have millions of user generated files. If I am working on songs I've
recorded then I'm in a musical context and my dirs full of jpgs or
oggs EXCEPT oggs of stuff I recorded are really not much help for me.
My Documents dirs with subdirs for my novels and subdirs for the
chapters are not real helpful either. My legacy code dirs mean nothing
and my ref libs (PDF books, HTML and txt files) isn't very useful
while I'm editing songs. Then when I switch over and want to find a
joke I saved off too a txt file in 93 the 100 music related dirs
really are not helping me any.

Even from an app standpoint, one time I'll open Open Office to edit my
resume, in which case older or other specialized resumes are what are
important to me not the article I just wrote or the novel I did a
spell check in or the word doc I just converted too Open Office and so
on.

On the flip side if the machine kept asking me what context I wanted
it'd drive me nuts (I know I know short drive :) ) rather quickly.
Needs to be unobtrusive, something I physically seek out and can apply
too say desktops or change by clicking on that useless almond thing
with a dozen names.