Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 13 10:26:33 GMT 2009

On Sunday 13 December 2009 07:23:42 Duncan wrote:
> The solution I use here, and unlike a kde file dialog solution it's
> general enough it works with whatever, is that right off my homedir I
> have a dir called "dir", which contains mostly symlinks to just that,
> other dirs that I use frequently enough that it's worth symlinking them
> from there.
>
> That's real nice, as all the common locations I use are like two clicks
> away for GUI apps, or two tab-completes away for CLI apps, from $HOME,

Well, we all work with what's best for our workflow.  Personally I have my
most-used directories (including remote ones) in dolphin's Places, which of
course makes them also show up in several other applications.

For instance, I regularly buy machine-control patterns over the internet.
Most things that I download are stored in ~/Download, but for these I want
them to go to safety on my server (thus ensuring backups).  When I'm given the
option to open with Ark or save, the remote directory is among the available
places.  It saves effort, but more importantly, avoids me forgetting to get it
backed up.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group