Dolphin starts programs with a wrong current directory

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 13 09:37:20 GMT 2009

spir wrote:
> Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at arcor.de> dixit:
>
>> Bottom line, if an app wants access to the ~/Documents directory, it
>> should *say so*.
>
> Makes sense, for sure. It's part of the app logic.

Perhaps, but if you launch an application and they try to store a file
from it and the directory that opens is the /bin directory where the
code is stored (a directory that you probably don't have write
permission for) I don't think that you would be very happy.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch