Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Dec 11 19:45:22 GMT 2009

Anne Wilson posted on Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:08:19 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Thursday 10 December 2009 20:25:07 Duncan wrote:
>> Now, one thing that is apparently not possible (yet) with either
>> kickoff or the classic menu (and it doesn't appear it's in lancelot
>> either, I just checked), is to open the menu, right click on the item
>> itself, and pop open kmenuedit with the appropriate item or submenu
>> already selected.  I'd call that a bug,
>>
> Not sure exactly what you are trying to do here, but I assume that the
> idea is to edit an existing menu item?  If so, that is very simple. In
> both kickoff and lancelot (IIRC, since I'm using lancelot at the moment)
> right-click on the panel icon and open menu editor.  There you can
> select any existing item and edit it.
>
> I imagine that adding still more ways to do it would be considered
> clutter by the usability team (who make their decisions based on
> guidelines which provide constraints)..

Yes.  That's what I said.  But I think he wants to right click on the
menu item itself, as used to be possible in kde3's kicker kmenu, and open
kmenuedit directly to the item, instead of having to click on the base
icon in the panel, open kmenuedit, and (again) browse to the item from
the root of the applications menu in kmenuedit.  That's the part that's
not working yet, in any of the three, classic, kickoff, or lancelot (I've
no idea on raptor, it's still under development AFAIK).