Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Dec 10 14:57:27 GMT 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 10 December 2009 06:35:53 Draciron Smith wrote:
>
>> New system if it's not in the menu you can't add it.
>>

> Yes you can.  There is a menu updating tool (krunner should find it) which
> will do just that.
>
> Anne

Not necessarily.

I have tried adding several Ham Radio related applications through the
package manager from the repositories. I even added the special Ham
Radio menu category hoping they would get added there. The category is
there but the application don't get added there. They don't get added
anywhere for the most part. [ same issue with KDE 3.x ] I found the menu
updater and ran that thinking it might help me fix things. Not only
wouldn't it add the applications, it didn't find them. The ham related
applications run fine if I look in the package manager and figure out
the exact name and run it from the command line.

I've given up. Any ham related software I want I use a Windows program
on my old Windows machine.

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,

Sent with Thunderbird on my Kubuntu Linux Desktop