Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:42:20 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 09 December 2009 20:36:40 Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 December 2009, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > > Folderviews that work with NFS mounts are no problem whatsoever, as
> > > long as the mounts are specified in fstab.  On-the-fly mounting is, as
> > > far as I know, currently only available from the command line.
> > >
> > > FWIW, I have two small folderviews constantly on my desktop, displaying
> > > directories on a remote box, both NFS mounts
> >
> > Right, but Thierry was explicitly addressing the mounting itself
> > As far as I understand it the problem is not having a visual
> > representation (icon, whatever) of an NFS resource/mount point that could
> > be interacted with to perform mount operations.
>
> (...)
>
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> My mounts ARE specified in fstab as:
>
> 192.168.x.x:/folder   /mountpoint   /nfs   noauto,users,exec,rw  0 0
>
> (which mounts perfectly under KDE 3).

Try commenting that out and giving it a command similar to mine:

192.168.x.x:/Data1 /mnt/mountname nfs user,bg,soft,intr,nolock 0 0

(Some will argue with the settings, but ever since they were recommended to me
I've seen no problem with them.)

Don't forget, too, that you need to check that your credentials are ok - that
you belong at least to the group of the remote ownership.  (It's easy to
overlook that a new installation is set up slightly differently from the old
one.)

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group