Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 8 17:54:16 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 08 December 2009 15:20:28 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > - if you produce commercial software, and no one uses it, you don't get
> >  money, so you have to listen to your users if they are unsatisfied.

Interesting.  The truth is that on several occasions I've found that FOSS
software either didn't do exactly what I need, or that I could not find the
information to allow me to do what I need.  The thing that really knocked me
for a six was the first time I wrote to a developer, asking for help, and he
answered, and kept answering until I was using his application correctly and
we were both satisfied.  This has happened more than once since then.

Have you ever tried to do that with a "commercial software" package?

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group