Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Dec 8 14:05:53 GMT 2009

On Tuesday, 2009-12-08, Duncan wrote:
> Kevin Krammer posted on Tue, 08 Dec 2009 02:56:02 +0100 as excerpted:
> > I remember vaguely that there have been some changes to devices actions
> > in the upcoming release, so maybe mounting can then be done explicitly,
> > like the removal does now.
>
> That sounds interesting...  I'm wayyy behind on my kdeplanet feed,
> however, and haven't read anything I recall on that.  Maybe if I ever
> catch up...  Or I guess I'll see in February, if I don't decide to run a
> beta or rc, first.

As I said I don't remember any details so I don't know where I read it either
(in that case I could have looked it up).

Being subscribed to about 20 KDE mailinglist has the advantage of knowing a
lot of what goes on where, but it comes with the price of mixing up where I
read what :)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring