Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:37:16 GMT 2009

2009/12/8 Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>:
> On Tuesday, 2009-12-08, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
>
>> I think I'm going to take a look at non free software because if OSS devs
>> develop only for themselves, maybe I have more luck with devs that work for
>> their users...
>
> I think you've got that one backwards.
> FOSS developers work for everyone including themselves, proprietary developers
> mostly for work themselves (maybe a bit for each other in case the other one's
> deadline is getting too close).

I think you've got that backwards. Proprietary devs work for who is
paying them. I would gladly pay for top-quality software. In the KDE 3
days I donated regularly. There are a few specific bugs that I am
waiting to be fixed for KDE 4 before I start donating again.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il