file information

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:10:18 BST 2009

On Monday 31 August 2009 16:54:20 Rick Miles wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 September 2009 01:42:35 Rick Miles wrote:
> > In kde3 a file information was displayed in a small popup when the
> > mouse/arrow rested over top of the file icon in konqueror. This does not
> > seem to be default in my install of kde3.4.3. Is there a setting to turn
> > this on?
> >
> > TIA
>
> Sorry to have bothered you guys. The setting is show "tool tips", I was
> looking for something like show file info

There are several possibilities, and which one suits you depends on your work
pattern.  As well as that you can elect to have some of the properties
displayed below the file icon.  This can be set to be global, or just for one
directory.  My own preference is for the Info Panel, which sits on the right.
Hovering over any file shows a preview, often big enough to read, and as much
metadata as it knows about the file.  To get the best out of that you need
strigi running.

Anne