Rename then copy-paste: written with old name

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:53:20 BST 2009

On Monday 31 August 2009 14:39:39 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Could you try it again, just using F5 before you copy and paste?
>
> Pressing F5 before copy-paste solves the issue. Note that these are
> _local_files_ on my harddrive.

I noticed soon after I started using Dolphin (which would be with KDE 4.0)
that Dolphin doesn't immediately do an automatic update.  If you, for
instance, open an image in GIMP and rescale it to 50%, dolphin will at first
still show the full size.  And opening it would open the cached version.  F5
is the universal refresh in Dolphin.  Any problems you meet due to this are
usually cured by F5.

I don't know how long that cached copy continues.

Anne