Pictures of Green and Red highlights in the KDE

Sue Harris sueharris59 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 15:10:15 BST 2009

Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 08:57:23 +0000 (UTC)
From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net>
Subject: Re: [kde] Pictures of Green and Red highlights in the KDE
    menus
To: kde at mail.kde.org

Sue Harris posted on Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:04:03 -0700 as excerpted:

> Here are the links on imagebin:
>
> http://imagebin.org/61360
> http://imagebin.org/61361
> http://imagebin.org/61362
> http://imagebin.org/61363

Wow, it is as you said it was!

I was thinking this before, but after seeing the images, I'm almost
positive I know what's happening, just not how to turn it back off.

That looks to me like you've somehow activated a UI designer development
feature, setup to color-code the accelerator keys, and others that could
work as alternative accelerator keys.

Either that, or some accessibility feature, but that doesn't fit as well
as the UI designer feature.

Now I've never run these apps so I don't know if any have this feature or
not, but you've not been playing around with either qt designer or
kuiviewer, or some other similar development tool, have you?  I could
easily see a qt developer feature being available that once activated,
would color-code like that.

Thank You Duncan,

No, I have not been doing any development. I am a novice user. I think this happened when the computer froze up once and had to be rebooted. It booted back up with the red and green menu highlights.

Sue