KDE 4.3 menu suddenly has no programs in it

Paul Hartman paul.hartman+gentoo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 21:02:02 BST 2009

Hi,

Today when I logged in to my KDE 4.3 desktop, the application menu had
nothing in it. My "favorites" are still there, and clicking on them
launches the programs normally, but "Applications" is completely
blank. The quick search also finds nothing now unless I type the exact
command name. I ran kappfinder but it seems to only find non-KDE
programs.

Where is the menu data stored and is there a way to regenerate it?

Thanks,
Paul