IRC Tool question

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Tue Aug 18 23:50:29 BST 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 00:47, Kevin Kempter<kevink at consistentstate.com> wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> most of my clients use IM to communicate realtime, however I have one who uses
> their own IRC server. Is there a way I can setup KDE or a specific IRC chat
> tool to alert me with a desktop popup message whenever my name is used in an
> irc room?
>
> Currently I'm using Konversation and I have it set to "watch" for my username
> but I'm not getting any alerts

You're probably looking in the wrong place. Watches in Konversation
are to notify you when someone comes online so you can for example
check when your friend comes online to tell him something important.
What you want is called highlight. Search for it in the settings.
(Sorry can't tell you where exactly as I don't have a Konversation
install here right now.)

Cheers
Lydia

--