KDE3 had kcmshell

Torsten Frey torsten at tfrey.de
Tue Aug 18 17:42:55 BST 2009

Am Dienstag, 18. August 2009 17:09:33 schrieb Felix Miata:
> In KDE3 I could do 'kcmshell xserver' to get a nice little X Server info
> window. In KDE4.3 kcmshell cannot find module xserver. What do I use
> instead? 'kcmshell --list' just litters the screen with kio kdirwatch lines
> and other junk instead of providing a list of modules.

Hello Felix,

try fo find package "kinfocenter" in your distribution.

Then "kcmshell4 xserver" will popup only information about the X-Server.

The command /usr/bin/kinfocenter will popup a lot more about Network,
samba, .. partitions ...X-Server .. very nice. Thank you for this tip :-)

Regards, Torsten