Fonts in applications not KDE4 are not changed

Torsten Frey torsten at tfrey.de
Tue Aug 18 15:40:18 BST 2009

Hello,

I have just installed KDE4  ( openSuSE 11.1 / Repository
KDE4:/UNSTABLE ->Version 4.3.64 ) and had this problem:

Changing the fonts works for all KDE4 applications, but not for (some?) other
applications like Amarok 1.4.

So I installed package "kdebase3" (yes - 3!) and with "kcmshell fonts" I was
able to configure the file "kde/share/config/kdeglobals" where in section
[General] the fonts are set.

So this worked for me - but isn't there a simpler solution in KDE4, that I do
not see? Every change has to be done twice ...

Thanks, Torsten