Permanently maximize the panel in KDE4?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 1 18:59:25 BST 2009

On Saturday 01 August 2009 17:21:07 Paul Hartman wrote:
> > What happens if you get the old resolution panel, resize it to maximum,
> > then log out and back in?

Did you try that?  What happened?

> It's a desktop machine, no hibernation, has been powered on for 2
> years. No multi-display set-up or anything fancy, just a plain
> computer with a single monitor. Basically what I'm doing is
> alternately logging in remotely and locally to the same machine using
> the same account. When logged in remotely (using NX server), my
> screen/desktop size is smaller than it is locally. It happens every
> single time, happens in KDE 4.3 and happened in 4.2 and 4.1 as well.

I've just had a conversation with some devs, on IRC.  A couple of them
confirmed that they see the same.  The Maximise option does work when you
change resolution locally - I tested it with krandrtray - but there is a
strong suspicion among the devs that the problem is caused by NX, which
handles screen resolution differently.  They haven't any answers, I'm afraid.
Both are simply adjusting it with the Maximise button and living with it.

It doesn't look hopefuly for the future, then.  This isn't something that a
simple bug fix is going to help.  Sorry.

Anne