Possible solution for desktop effects with Intel graphic card

David david.maillists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 02:52:34 BST 2009

Hello,

A few days ago I asked about the desktop effects being too slow and hanging
up the X server for Intel graphic card. After discussing in the Arch forum,
a possibility worked for me, and I post it here just in case you may find it
useful. See the post by "superchango" on
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=69968 . It works for me at least
with the latest version of the intel driver. Basically, in xorg.conf, inside
"Device", you set the following options:

Option      "DRI"                    "True"
Option      "NoDDC"                  "True"
Option      "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"  "True"
Option      "EnablePageFlip"         "True"
Option      "RenderAccel"            "True"
Option        "AccelMethod" "uxa"
Option        "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"
Option      "ExaNoComposite" "false"

OpenGL is not good but Xrender is much smoother now! Hope this may help.

Regards,

David
Please Cc to me when replying.