Approaching the KDE4 learning curve in as user friendly format as possible

allen meyers texas.chef94 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 20:10:47 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 19:41 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 20 April 2009 17:28:27 allen meyers wrote:
> > For whatever reason way back in the KDE 3 days I was happy with what I
> > had.As development progressed I became more challenged and seemingly
> > less able to navigate to my satisfaction, probably a patience thing so I
> > went back to gnome.
> > Anne has suggested to me that there is indeed a more proactive approach
> > and I have chosen to go to list with it that might hit home for others
> > as well.
> > I originally shared this with Anne as a Lenny user which I am and will
> > accept it for Lenny, but would be more comfortable using it in Jaunty
> > which is my second OS. So either way I am game
>
> I'm not a kubuntu user, though I know people that are.  The important thing in
> this case is to tell me which version of KDE4 you are running, as there are
> important changes between KDE 4.1.x and 4.2.x.
>
> Anne
I am not sure I can explain this so that you and the list can
understand. When I had ubuntu 8.04 and installed the KDE desktop I think
it was 3.5 from a windows user who had just switched it seemed like
home. As time evolved  and upgrades evolved as well I became
disenchanted with KDE and switched to 8.10 leaving KDE behind. That
being said I felt like I had cheated.
I have Lenny and am willing to go that route with KDE, but whether its
mindset or what kubuntu as an OS vs. ubuntu with KDE desktop are 2
different animals. This could well be comprehension challenge.
Prior to installing 9.04 ubuntu I installed 9.04 Kubuntu and just
setting up the desktop was the most challenging thing I have ever done
in my short Linux experience. So I uninstalled
So based on that admission if there is an ability to ease into KDE in
Lenny I am ready to give it a shot.
Allen