Compiling FSView source code

Usman Ajmal uzmanajmal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 03:42:42 BST 2009

Well, i thought FSView has been developed using Qt so it should better be a
Qt project.

You are right. There are Makefile.am and Makefile.in files, which i think
are there for buildsystem. Makefile.am however, shows that 'automake' should
be used but i could not found easy-to-understand examples of how to use this
command.

I just want to build the project or the set of .cpp and .h files myself.

The list of files that i have now in a folder named 'test' are:
fsview.cpp, fsview.h, inode.h, inode.cpp, scan.h, scan.cpp, treemap.h,
treemap.cpp, fsview_part.h, fsview_part.cpp, Makefile.am and Makefile.in but
i want to build these Makefiles myself.

Does that sound right? Can i develop them? When and how to use automake?

Thanks a lot