.kde4/Autostart doesn't work

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Apr 15 04:12:10 BST 2009

On Tuesday 14 April 2009 10:06:54 David wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My script  ~/.kde4/Autostart/autostart.sh is not run in my Arch box (and
> the user has permissions to execute it). Is this a known problem? How can I
> debug/solve it?
>
> Please Cc to me when replying. Thank you,
>
> David

I am running kde 4.2.2 built from sources. I have a bash script in
.kde4/Autostart and it works just fine. If they changed this to
.kde4/Autostart/env when did it change and where is it documented? The only
time it does not work for me is if I forget to make it executable!

And to make sure I just created a new one on a new 4.2.2 installation and
tested it and it does work just fine.

I do not use a .sh extension, just the filename and I make it executable chmod
a+x filename and it works.

nathan

--
Nathan England