Kicker keyboard focus: fixable?

Damian Frank damian.frank at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 02:25:25 BST 2009

> Are you on kde 4.2.2? The search field used to have focus when the menu was
> shown up until 4.2.1 but there appears to be a regression in 4.2.2 in kde (or
> atleast in the kubuntu packages)

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I am, should have mentioned that, sorry.
And I am indeed running kubuntu.  I'll wait for a fix then.  (I found
out that the Lancelot plasmoid has a similar feature and focus works.
I don't like its layout quite as well as the default launcher though.)

While I'm spamming the list, I have another related problem.
Plasmoids that have text fields (such as the algebra plasmoid) don't
always accept input.  If I have a focus style other than
click-to-focus, then nothing -- not even clicking -- will actually put
focus into the text field.  In fact, even switching to click-to-focus
doesn't restore functionality until I log out and back in.  Changing
the focus-stealing policy has no effect.  Is this a known bug?  I
couldn't find any trace of it, but what do I know?

Thanks.

Damian