Nepomuk using 90%+ CPU

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Sep 30 22:37:58 BST 2008

Kishore wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 Sep 2008 2:28:56 pm James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>>> All soprano versions support sesame2 and make it default if it is
>>> avaible. But sesame2 needs Java and is quite hard to package correctly.
>>> That is why some distros do not ship it.
>> I think that there might be a problem there.  I had to tell CMake where
>> to find Java despite the fact that the JAVA environment variable is set
>> (I have JAVA_HOME set as well)  So, I wonder if it uses the JAVA
>> environment variable at runtime to find Java.  If not, this will be a
>> packaging issue.
>
> It uses the variable at runtime. I would consider this is a packaging bug.
>
> On my kubuntu box i had to create /etc/profile.d/java.sh that contains just the
> line:
>
> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

Yes, that is a normal part of installing Java on Linux.  Mine is a bit
longer:

/etc/profile.d/java.sh

------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------

# Java initialization script (sh)

LIBXCB_ALLOW_SLOPPY_LOCK="true"

export LIBXCB_ALLOW_SLOPPY_LOCK

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_03

JAVA="$JAVA_HOME/jre/bin/java"

export JAVA JAVA_HOME

JAVA_XDG_DATA_DIRS="$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/desktop"

if test -n "$XDG_DATA_DIRS" ; then
     XDG_DATA_DIRS=$XDG_DATA_DIRS:$JAVA_XDG_DATA_DIRS
else
     XDG_DATA_DIRS=$JAVA_XDG_DATA_DIRS
fi

export XDG_DATA_DIRS

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_03/bin

export PATH

if test -n "$CPPFLAGS" ; then
     CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_03/include $CPPFLAGS"
else
     CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_03/include"
fi

export CPPFLAGS

But installing this should be no problem for distros.

--
JRT