Viewing video in a browser (KDE 4,1,1)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 24 21:51:26 BST 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 20:54:11 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > I did know that, but the options offered on the embedded tab did not
> > include a single multimedia player, as far as I could see.
>
> This isn't correct.  Dragon player comes with KDE-4.1.x so if you
> installed the KDEMultimedia section(s), you should at least find it.

I'm new to opensuse and still finding my way around, but dragonplayer was
definitely not installed.  I've installed it now (it seems to be a standalone
application) and sure enough it shows up in the Embedded tab now.

> There may be some issues with Kaffene.  For it to show up in the list of
> available applications, it needs to have a 'desktop' file in:
>
>         $KDEDIR/share/kde4/services/
>
> and in this case, $KDEDIR can be any of the paths in $KDEDIRS.
>
> I suppose that I should try that to see if it works.

Kaffeine shows up in the General tab.  It's not in the Embedded tab - but then
I don't know whether you'd expect it to be.

Anne