Switching login manager

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Sep 5 19:12:57 BST 2008

Am Freitag, 5. September 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Friday 05 September 2008 14:45:31 Martin (KDE) wrote:

> > > Thanks.  I'll hunt for DISPLAYMANAGER then.
> >
> > on fedora it is the file /etc/sysconfig/desktop. You have to set
> > DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE in this file.
>
> It has been said that that only applies up to Fedora 8.  Since I'm
> not near my F9 box I can't check.  However, the thread has now
> become one of those endless ones and I'm staying out of it.

According to my F9 box prefdm searches for a
file /etc/sysconfig/desktop. If this file is available, it will be
sourced in. If DISPLAYMANAGER is set within this file it will be
used. On my box this works the way as I expected.

Until I have not misunderstood something, the way in F9 is the same as
in F8.

> Thanks for trying to help.
>
> Anne

Martin