kde4 makes PC slowlier ???

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Sun Oct 5 20:16:49 BST 2008

On Sunday 05 October 2008, Carl-Valentin Schmitt wrote:
> I have a stink-normal AMD-32-bit System ... ( not 64-Bit )
>
> I configurated KDE4 with all features of animations and so on in its
> "control-center".
>
> result is, that PC is damn slowlier than in KDE3 - how comes that ???
>
> when I change then from 1600x1200 to 1280x1024 mode, then it is quicker
> again ...
>
> but this should not happen because graphic-card is the same ?
>
> Val.

Hmm.. Is this a troll? Or have you no idea of computers?

So, just in case the second option is true:
If you configured "all features of animation" then of course the CPU and the
GPU have a lot more computation to do - so your computer is slower.

And when you use a higher resolution the "same graphic card" has a lot more
pixel to draw, and more things to put in memory, so it's slower.

Nothing but normal. If you have a "stink-normal AMD-32 bit system" it means
you have an *old* system. KDE 4 won't turn it into a *new* system, and
actually everything you just did is stupid, because you are trying to use
features on your old system that have been developped for more powerful
systems.

Keep KDE 3.x and use your higher resolution, that's it

Thierry

--
“Microsoft isn't evil,
they just make really crappy operating systems.” Linus Torvald