Placing desktop/panel icons

James Kerr jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 18:31:10 GMT 2008

> I seen a number of people advocating dragging icons onto the panel.  It
> doesn't work on my systems.  Is it supposed to?  Or are they referring to
> the KDE3 methods?
>
> Since I'm talking about responses on user mailing lists, KDE 4.1.x is the
> likely desktop.
>
> Anne

If you use the "Kick-off"menu and have widgets unlocked, then you should be
able to drag an entry from the menu to an empty spot on the panel. I've done
this a few times (on Mandriva 2009/KDE4).  I believe that lancelot also
provides some means of adding links to the panel, but I've not tried that.

Jim