HTML default for folder?

Jerry Houston Jerry at effjayare.net
Tue Nov 11 10:27:19 GMT 2008

On Monday 10 November 2008 23:58:29 Anne Wilson wrote:

> > I was really hoping that there would be a folder property that would
> > indicate that anything I've put in that folder is okay to display, but I
> > haven't found anything yet.
> >
> > This is a real usability issue for me, as I get mail from these HTML
> > sources every day. ?Have I missed a setting somewhere? ?Thanks in
> > advance!
>
> Go to Folder on the top menu bar, and you can set html reading there.  I've
> had arguments about whether this is the right place for the setting -
> personally I don't think it is - but the usability guys are adamant about
> it.

Indeed, that makes all the difference, and I wouldn't have thought it would be
in the main menu.  Since it's applied as a per-folder decision, the folder
properties dialog was where I expected to find such an option.

Once the origin of the message has been determined, and it's been moved to the
appropriate folder, I feel safe enough viewing the HTML and loading the
external images.

Once again you've made my life better.  Thanks!