Looking for a Plasma Workaround

Wilson, Richard E richard.wilson at eds.com
Fri Nov 7 23:51:46 GMT 2008

One feature that hasn't been carried forward from KDE3 to 4 is the
ability to have different backgrounds for different desktops, which
would be a big benefit to me and from reading posts to this lists,
others as well.

I was wondering if anyone could provide pointers to slave a call to
programmatically change the desktop background when a desktop button is
selected.  I think Plasma is a great improvement and would really like
to upgrade my main workstation to KDE 4, but this lack has so far held
me back.

I am using Fedora 9 running KDE 4.1.2-5

Thanks in advance,

Richard Wilson