No info when mouse over files/dir's with Konqueror on F9

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 7 19:28:55 GMT 2008

Nigel Henry wrote:
> I've already asked this here, and on the KDE list, but with no replies.
>
> On KDE 3.5.9, when hovering the mouse over a file, or directory in Konqueror's
> file manager, I get a popup showing info for the file/dir, and at the same
> time, a line at the bottom of Konquerors window showing the same info.
>
> For example. If the file/dir is a link, it shows where it's pointing to.
>
> With F9, I have to right click, and access the properties to get this info,
> which if you're checking out the links on multiple files, like I am doing in
> trying to resolve a Java problem, it can be very time consuming.
>
> is this supposed to work on F9 KDE4, as it did on KDE3?
>
> A simple yes or no will do.

I don't get a popup (tooltip), but I've seen KDE4 screenshots that have
it, so I am wondering if I have it disabled. I /do/ get info in the
status bar (file type or symlink destination).

I'm running trunk, so this may be working better than in 4.1 (I'd expect
to see it in 4.2).

--
Matthew
No .sig for you! NEXT! -- Unknown