Are there Konqueror add-ins a la Firefox?

Salvador Alemany Garrido salvalemany at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 20:46:16 GMT 2008

2008/11/2 Salvador Alemany Garrido <salvalemany at gmail.com>:
> 2008/11/2 Jerry Houston <Jerry at effjayare.net>:
>> My migration from Thunderbird to KMail has resulted in Konqueror's being
>> invoked to handle http:// URLs embedded in emails.  I'm sure I could probably
>> configure it to invoke Firefox instead, but before I try doing that, I thought
>> I'd look more closely at Konqueror.  I've used it only as a file/directory
>> browser until now.
>>
>> Indeed, I've found out that it's much more than that.  As I consider switching
>> to it as a general-purpose web browser, I'm curious whether my favorite add-
>> ins for Firefox have analogs for Konqueror.  In particular, I rely pretty
>> heavily on AdBlock Plus, and DejaClick.
>>
>> I've found a way to configure ad-block filters in Konqueror, but it seems
>> tedious and error-prone, compared with using AdBlock Plus, and simply
>> subscribing to a tested list.  And so far, I haven't found a macro recorder
>> (like DejaClick) anywhere.
>>
>> So, my question is:  should I keep looking?  Or are such add-ins simply not
>> available anywhere for Konqueror?  Thanks in advance!
>>

> You can use AdBlock Plust lists
> http://www.krizka.net/2007/10/02/konqueror-and-adblock/
> This file must work http://easylist.adblockplus.org/adblock_rick752.txt

You must delete the commented lines.

[Adblock Plus 0.7.5]
! Checksum: zobTU0nkTTQKDjRH2ediMw
!
!  Rick752's EASYLIST (global English ad-blocking subscription)
!          -add the optional EasyElement & EasyPrivacy subscriptions.
!         | Last Modified: 02nov2008 | http://easylist.adblockplus.org  |
!Expires after 5 days
!