Some more KDE4 questions

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 03:56:38 GMT 2008

Still struggling with KDE4 here. I have some more questions.

1. In KDE3 one could have the "most-frequently used" applications
appear separately on the menu. This was a great time-saver. How do I
get the same behaviour/feature in KDE4?

2. Similarly, the Quicklaunch panel applet allowed one-click access to
most of my commonly-used applications. How do I get the same function
in KDE4?

3. I am used to seeing little icons on the various desktops in the
panel pager applet. How do I get the same behaviour in KDE4? (I find
the pager to be essentially useless in KDE4, since every desktop looks
the same, regardless of whether windows are open on the desktop or
not.)

4. I haven't been able to get any of my old superkaramba themes to
run. Are there any instructions anywhere that really work? I've found
a few sets of instructions, but none of them seem to work properly.
Probably they are assuming something that isn't true (a missing
package or something).

5. Trying to install widgets from the Internet shows a grand total of
2 widgets (C"PU frequency selector" and "Scripted Image"). Obviously
there are tons more somewhere. How do I configure my system so that it
finds them when I try the Download from Internet" option?

Thank you for your patience.

I want to mention that I have spent time trying to solve all these
issues before asking here. These are the current issues where I feel
like I've been banging my head against the wall and am out of ideas.

  Doc