How to set constant width for tabs in editor?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Thu Mar 27 11:58:31 GMT 2008

Hi,

>>> I wonder how to set constant width for tabs in editors (KatePart).
> No, it should not change the content of the file in any way. It should
> just be able to *display* the file in a way such that each tab character
> is always N columns wide.

The only thing I can think of is to make a minor change in your file after
all, or at least to put an extra file in the directory of the file you are
opening in KatePart. KatePart understands modelines that can be found on
different places. Read the documentation on KatePart modelines [1] for more
information.

André

[1] http://kate-editor.org/article/katepart_modelines