Browsing deleted files in Konqueror

R. Daneel Olivaw rdaneel.olivaw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:38:45 GMT 2008

Hi There,

Le Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:23:33 +0200
"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> a écrit:

> Does konqueror have I have an option to browse deleted files? The SD
> card in my Nokia 6288, formatted as FAT32, erases itself every month
> or so, whenever the phone locks up. I then bring the card over to a
> friend's windows computer to run some file recovery program to recover
> the files. Can this be done with Konqueror? The files are obviously
> there, as in this case (now) I had 700 MB of the 2GB card used, but
> now it looks like an empty 1300 MB card.

I think that the fat tables get broken for some reason.
I once had an sd card that made my canon digital camera lock up from
time to time.
Once erased (formatted) on a computer the card seemed to be ok again,
until next crash.
Testing it out, I found the memory card broken at some point (failing
writes after a certain amount of data). Therefore I trashed it.

On my way to a solution I found the following tool :
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

It recovers filesystems or using PhotoRec, it searches for photo
headers and restores as much as possible.

I remember it being a command line tool, tested the "deleted
photos recovery" on a usb key and ... it worked quite well !

Hope this helps,

R. Daneel Olivaw,
The human Robot Inside.