KDE 4 review

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jun 14 17:26:17 BST 2008

On Saturday 14 June 2008 17:17:36 ziklag wrote:
> I wrote a long nasty letter about how bad KDE4 was, but then it got back
> at me by deleting my letter.   What was that?  Yet ANOTHER KDE bug?
> How could that be?   KDE4 is ALPHA quality at best.   FC9?  Who's running
> the insane asylum?   So many bugs, so few excuses....
>
> I'm off to try to track down that temp file that contained my original
> post. Maybe I'll find it after work today and will ATTEMPT to post it
> again.
>
> Linux really seems to be for L(users) if FC9/KDE4 is the latest and
> greatest.
>
> ziklag at inbox.com

Rather than slate it you should realise that it's very beta at the moment. It
will be a lot less so when 4.1 final is released. This the way that KDE goes.
They need users and bug reports to fix it. Unlike windows they don't have
heaven knows how many people looking at and testing code.

If you want to use KDE and don't want the possibility of significant bugs you
should be using 3.5.7 and not 64bit either.

John