krunner question

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 26 14:09:34 BST 2008

On Saturday 26 July 2008 04:40:10 Kishore wrote:
> On Saturday 26 Jul 2008 1:35:58 am Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Typically when I go to start something from krunner (I'll use konsole as
> > the example), what happens is it finds two things: konsole.desktop in
> > your XDG dirs (i.e. a menu item named "Konsole"), and an executable
> > program in $PATH named "konsole". The former should have a "correct"
> > icon while the latter will be a gear (the generic 'executable' icon).
> > Most likely Konsole.desktop will invoke the same 'konsole' that is in
> > $PATH, so it shouldn't matter which you pick. However, the second one in
> > that case is "run konsole", and the first (for me, anyway) is "Konsole:
> > terminal".
>
> This way, when one types in "terminal" in krunner only the konsole icon
> should appear and not the gear icon (unless you also have a command line
> program by the same name ;)

Like David, I can confirm that my F9 install still brings up the two entries,
although in this case they both have the same icon, whereas the Mandriva ones
had different icons, neither of which was a gear (one was a monitor on a
stand, the other a plain terminal).

It's not hugely important, but I'm curious :-)

Anne