rc1 advice needed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:42:38 BST 2008

On Monday 21 July 2008 20:53:24 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I decided to grab rc1 for my Fedora box.  All appeared to go well until
> > the
> > end, when it said that some icons conflicted with those from F9.  The
> > result is that all the packages are cached, but I daren't start manually
> > installing them, for fear of the conflict leaving me with an unusable
> > desktop.
>
> details?  I'd be interested in hearing what went wrong where.
> and where'd you get your rc1 from? :)

Following the same route as yesterday - disable all other repos and enable
rawhide - this morning the download completed without complaint, so I'm
guessing that a mirror update was in progress when I tried it yesterday.  I
aborted, though, until I've had chance to discuss this with you.

I'd feel safer using the kde-redhat route, but I can't get that to work.  If I
leave the fedora repos enabled I get

  106 packages excluded due to repository protections
  Could not find update match for kde*
  No Packages marked for Update

If I disable the fedora repos I get a long list of files, then

  Missing dependency libotr.so.2

Advice, please?

Anne