rc1 advice needed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 22:16:47 BST 2008

On Monday 21 July 2008 20:53:24 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I decided to grab rc1 for my Fedora box.  All appeared to go well until
> > the
> > end, when it said that some icons conflicted with those from F9.  The
> > result is that all the packages are cached, but I daren't start manually
> > installing them, for fear of the conflict leaving me with an unusable
> > desktop.
>
> details?  I'd be interested in hearing what went wrong where.
> and where'd you get your rc1 from? :)

I've probably been totally inept, but I couldn't find the packages in either
kde-redhat or any of the fedora repos except rawhide, so I disabled all other
repos and ran 'yum update kde' against rawhide.  I'll run it again tomorrow
and give you the exact message, but it was 4(?) messages along the lines of
icons 32x32 package conflicts with icon 32x32 package from f9.  The others
were identical apart from the size of icon.

Anne