rc1 advice needed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:41:20 BST 2008

I decided to grab rc1 for my Fedora box.  All appeared to go well until the
end, when it said that some icons conflicted with those from F9.  The result
is that all the packages are cached, but I daren't start manually installing
them, for fear of the conflict leaving me with an unusable desktop.

How can I handle this to cause least damage?  It must be a known problem, as
others do run 4.0.98 or 4.0.99.

Anne