playing mp3's on KDE4?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 18 18:29:44 BST 2008

Kishore wrote:
> On Friday 18 Jul 2008 10:23:58 pm Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>> Is this the problem only under kde4?
>> "only"? You mean there are other DE's? ;-) (But seriously, KDE4 is all I
>> have installed, and all I intend to install :-).)
>
> :) I was more like thinking you had kde3 installed and are only now using kde4
> full time. I say full time because i know you are a kde4 developer who
> provided us with all the color selection stuff! ;)

I was doing that for some time, but I switched to pure trunk when my old
(work) computer died and I had to do some creative shuffling to get back
up and running (and finally got a recent distro in the process); that
was some months back IIRC.

This came up because w2k on my home machine refused to install AVG8 or
FF3, which was the last straw for my personal use of Microsoft :-). I'm
currently running Fedora 9 with KDE trunk both at home and at work (my
other home machine is like Fedora 6; might get updated eventually but
it's more network appliance than desktop).

> Hmmm... Here in ubuntu, i do not have any package by that name. Anyway, Its
> hard to get the package name right when each distribution calls it
> differently. ;)

I know :-), luckily Rex is also a Fedora user, though the pointer at
"xine plugins" would probably have been enough. Thanks both for the
help! I'll try to remember to post again later after I can check if it's
working now.

--
Matthew
C++ is for people who want to be able to not just shoot themselves in