"Unable to contact kded"

Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Fri Jul 18 14:43:10 BST 2008

Hi list,

My KDE 4.0.5 was installed from Mandriva contrib backports, but very unstable.
Sometimes a strange icon was in my systray.  Sometimes when I logged out the
KNotify crashed.  My KDE wallet manager had no any wallet in it, and I could
not add a new wallet.

Today I tried to open the "Service manager" in the system setting, but it gave
me an error message: "Unable to contact kded".  I remembered that when I used
KDE3 installed from Mandriva cooker sometimes I got the same stranger
behavior, and sometimes it told me that it could not contact with kded too.

Would anyone please tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Regards,
Frank